A sensitive approach was required for the restoration of this listed family home.
The house was built in the 1830’s as a high status dwelling for the manager of a local Estate. It is a brick house with a hipped slate roof and Listed at Grade II. The objectives were to repair the fabric of the house as the primary work. In addition the Client wished to reconfigure the later late 19th and early 20th century rear additions to suit modern use.
The significance of the house was retained throughout the restoration in line with the ICOMOS Guidelines. Listed Building Consent included sash window refurbishment, insulation of timber suspended floors, removal of 20th century internal partitions; rear extensions, re-arrangement of kitchen and new bedroom accommodation over the garage.
Sustainable and ecological technologies and materials were incorporated into the building.