The basis of ANY design work starts with an understanding of the SITE and the gathering of information about the land, any buildings located on it, or just existing buildings. The project and where it is located will inform the level of information required.
1. We carry out measured building surveys.
2. We commission specialist surveys such as landscape assessments and tree surveys, ecology surveys such as bats and newts, archaeology surveys.
3. We undertake and commission photographic surveys.
4. We commission topographical surveys and 3D scanning of buildings and sites.
5. We look at the wider context of noise, views, topography, wind and sun directions, exposure, and any special attributes of the site.